Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unbelievable

It's 3.47 am in the morning, I just woke up and having trouble to continue sleeping (despite the heavy rains outside). So, I want to share something that I find out today.

My younger sister, Baby is currently schooling at this one school, located near to my parents' workplace and the school is known to have many other staffs' children there. Earlier this week, a doctor cum one of those parents sent an email to the other staffs whose children are schooling at the same school, as she said that there is an urgent matter need to be discussed.

So, my mum attended the meeting and broke the news when she came back. The issue of the meeting is regarding the children's safety, as it is reported that a nine year old boy has been sexually abuse by a stranger inside the school's toilet. The stranger, who is believed a drug addict had even tied the kid's hands and cellotaped his mouth so that he cannot called for help. The poor kid was finally saved by his friend, who saw the man outside of the toilet, but its too late already.

Omaigad!!! I was so shocked, how could this cruel incident happened, without single notice from the other teachers or the guards/adults and most importantly, occured at the school compound. A place once we thought is safe.

Joining the rest who are so worried about the children, my parents do feel the same for my sister. Knowing her, I know she's the brave type. She would not be scared to go to the toilet alone, thus my mum has warned her not to. At least ask her friend to tag along. Funny thing is, baby told us there is such thing as no one can go to the toilet with friends. I do understand the rationale for teachers setting up this kinda rule (been there, done that) but I believe it is crucial for the kids to have someone else when they go to anywhere. After all they are just kids, who obviously could not protect themselves if something bad happened.

Mum even asked me to tag along for the school meeting this coming Tuesday. She said it might be useful, as I am a teacher-to-be myself. I agreed, and let see whats gonna happen at the meeting.

I swear I would not pick up baby late from school. I don't want anything bad happen to her, and other kids as well. And I really hope the abusive guy would be arrested and receive punishment for what he did. Whatever it is, it would never be enough. The poor boy might suffer physically and most importantly, his unstable emotional state. Plus, the impact of the incident might be severe, and the kid seriously needs a lot of support to get through this, especially considering the fact he is very young and vulnerable.

Whoever the abusive guy is, I hope you rot in hell!!! You are seriously sick!

I'll update more about the meeting soon.

I'm officially very sad. Unbelievable.

Tough luck on being a teacher as well.

Thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment